Thursday, June 10, 2010

Taking cover from the Prairie


This week at SPR my job has become to help wherever I can... mainly by staying out of the way. The station is a flurry of activity as the countdown to "A Prairie Home Companion" rapidly draws to a close.

Shelley has been painstakingly designing and proofing program fliers for the event. Amy and Nancy are busy fielding phone calls about tickets. Soon, a small group will be headed down to the Spokane Arena to set up and make final preparations for the show. People fly in and out of the door bearing stacks of fliers, programs, and paperwork. Everywhere you can hear the low murmur of "Garrison! Garrison!" The entire station is driving to make this show the best it can possibly be.

As for me, I find I can be most helpful by keeping out of everyone's hair for a while and working on other tasks. I'll come out from under my desk when all this is over and we can enjoy the success of "A Prairie Home Companion."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment