Monday, November 22, 2010

Turkey Time

Picture Courtesy: Conner Discoll

With Thanksgiving less than a week away, it’s becoming apparent that people are already catching the holiday fever. In the past, I laughed at all the people fighting to get out of town during the half week holiday we call Thanksgiving. Now I laugh no more since I am one of the 42.2 million people who will travel more than 50 miles from home this year, according to AAA. From my experience, it can be a hassle to travel during that time, so this year I developed a new strategy to avoid the long lines and the boycott of full body screening on Wednesday. Leave a week early.

All those times I went to class even though I was sick or was exhausted from battling friends in video games late at night have paid off. Having no absences in my classes, I was able to escape with my teachers none the wiser and finally enjoy some quality living at home in Denver. Sure, spending the extra time with the family is great, but it’s the home cooked meals and not eating instant noodles or fast food that makes the trip worthwhile. 

Today will be the last post for several days and, since it is Monday, I have posted a new picture of the week.  Take a guess and leave a comment by clicking directly below the post on the word, "comments". Several people posted some great guesses to the picture last week, but unfortunately they were not the location where the picture was taken.  The answer to last week’s picture was Mission park. Have a great Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I know I will be sleeping in after a good Thanksgiving meal. 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment