Friday, January 21, 2011

Blast from the Past


I’ll admit I was a tad bit envious after stopping by the growing collection of music and videos downstairs at Spokane Public Radio. I couldn’t stop myself from flipping through the endless rows of organized vinyl records. Even though Bill Wright the Guru of donations was tired of the constant stream of staff members pursuing and parading through his organized area, I couldn’t pass up the chance to take a sneak peak at all great album art. What do Blondie, Ted Nugent, and Christmas with Johnny Mathis all have in common? Not much, except they all have outlandish album covers that are up for sale at the KPBX Recordings and Videos Sale, February 19 and 20, in the Spokane Masonic Center. Bill, in the last several days, has started to display some of the colorful, unique, and odd records on a wall in his downstairs dungeon for all of us to see. While visiting the music lair I was also amazed to see all the retro turntables, tape decks, speakers, (and something I’ve only seen in movies) a reel-to-reel tape machine. So, if you have ever thought about getting into vintage vinyl, or your looking for equipment, seize the moment to grab a turntable and some LPs for some classic listening this next month. If you’re into DVDs and videos there are plenty of those too. Are you ready music aficionados? “I got my 45 on so I can rock on” - Sheryl Crow






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment