Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Community Chest



I will not play Monopoly anymore! Do you hate playing for hours and landing on properties that produce no income, like the Electric Company, while other players live it up with Boardwalk and Park Place? I always feel obligated to buy every property I land on. Later I regret that decision, while I watch as time after time other players pass by with plenty of cash, and I sit there broke. In reality, don't we all wish we owned the utility company? If life was a Monopoly game, Spokane Public Radio would be the first player pursuing that property. While in the studio today, I learned that SPR spends well over $3,000 dollars in electricity costs on a monthly basis. It takes a lot of juice to power up a radio station! The SPR pledge drive continues through Wednesday and is a way for you to help the station pass GO and collect $200 in order to keep the airwaves operating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment